Monthly Mission Moment:
The Missions Committee promotes mission involvement locally and globally for the whole congregation. Every month or so, they choose a particular area of mission to focus on.
Mission Moment: Tubman Family Alliance
The Youth are collecting items for Tubman’s Summer of Peace as they provide a variety of needed services in the Twin Cities. Bring any of these items to church or donate financially by July 24, and the youth will drop them off: sunscreen; child-sized sunglasses, masks, and hats; tie-dye kits and white t-shirts; building sets; bracelet kits; watercolor paints; coloring books; play-doh; lawn games; bean bags; footballs; kickballs; fidget toys; and individually packed snacks (granola bars, fruit snacks, cookies, Cheez-Its, hot chips, Goldfish crackers, applesauce pouches). More info is at Tubman.org or by talking to Seth Horstman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Some of our ongoing missions include:
- Drop off items at our Missions Center near the Early Childhood Center entrance: General Mills Box Tops (or use the Box Tops app!), used eyeglasses for the Lions Club, hearing aids for Starkey Hearing Foundation, yarn for Norma Circle, food shelf donations and miscellaneous items for 360 Communities, encouraging notes for Adopt-A-Cop prayer partners
- Coalition for Affordable/Transitional Community Housing (CATCH)
- Simpson Shelter Donations
- The International Rescue Committee is working to bring people to safety in Ukraine.
- Covenant Relations with UM Global Ministries: we are in partnership with Rev. Dan Randall in the Western Jurisdiction and Rev. Daniel Yang in Laos.
- William Byrne Elementary School, ISD 191, and BrainPower in a BackPack to support education
- 360 Communities
- Adopt-A-Cop, prayers and notes for local police
- Feed My Starving Children, packing meals for hungry kids around the world
- Youth Mission Trips
- Norma’s Circle, knitting hats for those experiencing homelessness
- United Methodist Committee on Relief, which serves globally where needed
- Red Bird Missions (through Box Tops for Education)
- Red Cross Blood Drives
- Kits for assisting those asking for help on the street
- Annual Love Offering through the Minnesota Annual Conference
- Our annual Pumpkin Patch, hosted by our Youth Ministries, supports our youth mission trips and a variety of other missions.
Around the Church
You can also get involved within the church with things like worship leadership by checking out our Pitch-In page.