Worship & Fellowship
Follow the links to sign up for dates you can serve:
- Ushers: Hand out worship materials as people enter the sanctuary.
- Scripture readers: Read scripture in worship (live or pre-recorded). Readers are needed every Sunday.
- Greeters: Greet as people enter the building on Sunday morning.
- Altar Flower donations: Beautify the sanctuary and honor a loved one or event ($40).
- Poinsettia orders: Sponsor poinsettias for Christmas Eve worship, and take them home afterwards ($10). Be sure to click the link in the sign-up to pay, or send a check with "Christmas Flowers" in the memo.
- Felting Classes: Sign up for upcoming classes.
Missions & Service
Follow the links to sign up for these opportunities for service:
- Learn more about this month's Mission Moment on the Missions page.
- Cookie Walk: On Saturday, December 3, 8:30am-11:30am, we'll be selling cookies by the pound as a missions fundraiser. If you can bake cookie, bars, or treats, or if you can volunteer during the walk, sign up here.
- Red Cross Blood Drive: Save lives by donating blood at our Red Cross blood drive. Watch for the next date in 2023.
- Feed My Starving Children: We have 40 slots to pack meals at the Eagan location (990 Lone Oak Road, Suite 136) on February 11, 2023, 9:00-10:45am. Follow our custom link or go to fmsc.org and scroll down to “Look for a Specific Group” and use the code 17M8KG to sign up. Safety guidelines are on their website. Plan to meet there at 8:45am.
- The International Rescue Committee is working to bring people to safety in Ukraine. You can give directly through their website or through the church, putting "International Rescue Committee" in the memo of a check or the "other" box online.
- Loaves and Fishes: RHUMC serves and cleans up free meals on 2nd Mondays each month, 5pm-7:15pm for Loaves and Fishes at Easter Lutheran By the Lake (4545 Pilot Knob Road, Eagan). It’s currently carry-out only.
- MN FoodShare
- ALight: Help Afghan families settling in MN by shopping the Amazon wishlist for supplies to set up a home here.
- Second Harvest Heartland: Working to end hunger in the heartland.
- United Methodist Committee on Relief: serves globally where needed. Information on how to give directly to help Ukraine is here or you can give through the church, putting "UMCOR Ukraine" in the memo or "other" box."
There are a variety of committees and teams that work behind the scenes to keep the church's ministries running smoothly. If you have the gifts and time to participate, find more information on the Committees page under the About tab or talk to Pastor Allison.